LEOT School opened on 2 June after the Lao Government announced all students nationwide can go back to schools on June 2, while final-year classes in primary, lower and upper secondary schools began on Monday.
We have procedures in place to ensure the safety of students and teachers. School administrators must implement precautionary measures to prevent further outbreaks of the Coronavirus.
The measures for reopening schools include
- School administrators keeping their premises clean by cleaning classrooms and grounds and spraying disinfectant around their facilities to reduce the risk of infections.
- Administrative staff, teachers and students must wear face masks at all times at school, and parents must also wear masks while picking up their children.
- The schools should have soap, hand gel, and hand washbasins for students.
Teachers should arrange suitable seating for students with social distancing of at least one metre and everyone must have their body temperature checked before entering school premises.
- School administrators, teachers and parents should monitor students’ temperatures closely. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will be taken to a hospital for observation or ordered to stay at home.
- If anyone has any flu-like symptoms, they should inform the National Taskforce Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, and call the free hotline numbers 165 and 166 at any time.
It is good to see students returning to complete the year.